I'm supposed to be saving (LOL) my money for a new tv and bluray player for my room too. I was going to buy them when the sales start up in December - I'm getting a 32" flat screen and I am PSYCHED.
Earlier this week I had to go to A&E because I couldn't breathe and they put me on a nebuliser. It was scary! But I am okay now so don't worry about me.
In TV news...
- Nina Dobrev has the best job in television. All she does is make out with extremely hot men.
- Smallville sucks so far this season. I hate it. If it doesn't improve soon I may have to learn how to troll the writers on twitter (if only my name hadn't been STOLEN - *glare*)
- This is weird but so far I am not planning on picking up any new shows this season. I've tried many but none have clicked with me. Probably for the best though, given my busy schedule.
- My Mentalist season 1 DVDs arrived yesterday and I am gleeful, but I think I will wait until I get my new tv etc before I watch them all again because that way I will get a bigger and better Patrick Jane which can only be a good thing.
In other news...
- I find it really interesting (in a good way) that the porn star with HIV is such big news.
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette! Woe. Why do celebrities even bother getting married, I ask you.
- We got our essay questions for my Film: Narrative and Genre class yesterday and wow I'm such a nerd but I am really excited about some of them, particularly: "The presence of woman is an indispensable element of spectacle in normal narrative film, yet her visual presence tends to work against the development of a story-line, to freeze the flow of action in moments of erotic contemplation" (Laura Mulvey, 'Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema'). Discuss the significance of this observation in relation to one or more narrative films.
What the hell is 'normal narrative film' first of all? I don't care! It is an awesome question!