I am also flat broke until next Wednesday because I have been living beyond my means. For the first few weeks of this month I basically went out for lunch every day and went to the pub most days. Even at the time I knew it would come back to bite me in the ass, but I chose to ignore the sensible version of myself and keep on pretending like I'm made of money. Fail.
In fannish news I:
- thought Greek was awesome this week. Rebecca! ♥
- watched Brideshead Revisited last night. OH GOD SO BORING. I hated all the main actors, particularly Matthew Goode, who is a black hole where charisma goes to die. I'm pretty sure I liked him in something else so I will try not to hold this performance against him because he does have a very nice speaking voice.
- found HIMYM quite funny! It was great to see an episode not about Barney, and I found his I-never-take-a-bad-photo storyline about, oh, a gazillion times more charming and funny than all the I-am-a-misogynist-fuckhead-aren't-I-hila
That said, I'd have liked this a lot more without all the "bitches" and "skanks".
- I have been rewatching Always Sunny, because it makes me so happy. Here is an example of how educational this show can be:
Frank: [to the business man they're trying to do a deal with] You don't look like a gay guy.
Dennis: Nah, that's because he's a bear.
Dennis: He's a bear. You see some gay guys are twinks and other are bears. This gay guy's a bear. By the way we are totally cool with that, to each his own.
Frank: Wait I'm a little confused here. What's a twink?
Dennis: A twink is small and slender, like Mac.
Mac: Whoa, no, I'm too muscular, I would be a bear.
Dennis: Uhh, don't think so bro, not hairy enough.
Frank: Smooth. Now, I would be a bear.
Dennis: No, no, see, I don't think you'd be a bear either. As a matter of fact I don't know what you'd be because you're definitely not a twink.
Frank: I'd be a top, that's for sure.
Mac: Can a twink be a top, or is that reserved for bears?
Dennis: I'm sure there's a great deal of switching back and forth but I think more often then not bears are tops, unless they happen to be power bottoms.
Frank: What's a power bottom?
Mac: A power bottom is a bottom that is capable of receiving an enormous amount of power.
Dennis: Actually Mac, you've got it backwards. You see, a power bottom is actually generating all the power by doing most of the work.
Frank: Does the power have to do with the size or the strength of the bottom?
Mac: Now Dennis, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.
Dennis: Speed has everything to do with it. You see the speed of the bottom informs the top how much pressure he's supposed to apply. Speed's the name of the game. Right buddy?
- thought the first two episodes of Nurse Jackie were good. Jackie is my kind of protagonist: she's always the smartest person in the room, I respect her values, and she has serious issues.
That's about it I guess.