It's reading week this week and I haven't done any (of the) reading (I should be doing).
My cat has become a very affectionate adult. He was a bit of a snooty loner when he was going through adolescence but now he likes to sit on my lap even when I'm in bed. Early this morning he climbed on top of me, sat with his front paws on my chest and stared at me, I believe in an attempt to make me get up and feed him.
And now for a vampire-themed poll:
Are you looking forward to the next Twighlight movie?
Yes and I'm not ashamed.
I'm only going because of Thom Yorke.
Best fake celebrity couple:
Kristen Stewart/Robert Pattinson
Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki
The Vampire Diaries
Vampires that don't kill people are lame.
Who would win in a fight?
cloiser_trish wanted to know what I thought of Smallville. I had forgotten that I didn't post about it. My reactions were as follows:
- SQUEE TIMES A BILLION.
- I hope this was the first of many Clark/Lois kisses, because it was hot, sexy, romantic and perfect.
- I love Lois. I love how kind she was to Ollie when she knocked him back, and how honest she was with him about her feelings for Clark. I love that she admitted to being in love with Clark without actually saying it - it was somehow more powerful that way.
- I love that both she and Clark knew it was only a matter of time before they figured out their issues and got together. When Ollie turned up Clark's confusion and alarm really got to me. When he said, "What's going on, Lois?", in an acknowledgement to Lois that they're in this together, that they have an understanding, and that she clearly should not be being chased by anyone else, my heart went out to him. Yeah, Clark generally sucks at being assertive in the romance department, but it had never occurred to him until that moment that someone else might get there first! Especially since he'd recently been, in his very adorable roundabout way, angling for another date. Oh Clark. And then to offer to stand aside? COULD HE BE MORE AMAZING? I THINK NOT! Also, shutting Lois up with a kiss was the best thing ever.
- Is Stuart Chloe's new love interest? I think they would be cute together, but he clearly cannot be trusted.
- I will never find Callum Blue's Zod even a little bit menacing so that storyline didn't work for me, although I like how hard-as-nails Tess is.
- Ollie saving a hooker was mildly diverting, but I really don't care about him.